Independent Mortgage Banker client, seeks a Vice President Default Servicing Manager.
The Ideal Candidate to oversee all aspects of default servicing and loss mitigation to include personnel and to provide support to the Vice President of Portfolio Management.
This position will include a specialized focus on government loan servicing, property preservation, REO management and claims processing.
This client continues to acquire and organically grow servicing and this individual will have a main seat at the table with senior management and a key leader to the development of the servicing department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary oversight of property preservation, REO mgmt and government loan servicing
- Possess working knowledge of general servicing and default servicing requirements
- Ensure implementation of department procedures to accommodate state, federal, investor and/or insurer guidelines
- Maintain current knowledge of all policies, procedures and other documentation for servicing products and loss mitigation alternatives
- Handle multiple aspects of servicing including customer service, delinquent loan resolution and property preservation
- Effectively monitor and manage staff workload to create efficiencies, increase productivity and ensure completion within required timeframes
- Receive and resolve customer complaints
- Participate and assist in development of routine dept huddles
- Perform duties related to staff development such as coaching, performance evaluations, disciplining employees, and training
- Compile and analyze data, identify trends and generate reporting for management
- Respond to quality control and compliance audits as well as preparation of materials for agency audits
- Responsible for completion of departmental performance and growth objectives
- Assist management team in creation and maintenance of department’s policies and procedures including development of staff training resources
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and mortgage servicing platforms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of mortgage compliance and servicing regulations
- Ability to handle complex tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead, cultivate talent and motivate others
- 3-5 years mortgage servicing experience
- 2-3 years as team lead or supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance preferred