CFO with Mortgage experience in WI
Our client is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join their growing team in the greater Milwaulkie area. The chosen candidate will be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making that affects the company, and will provide strategic financial input to senior management. While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the successful CFO will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of our firm.
The CFO is a leader that will play an active role in influencing both financial and operational decisions for the organization. This role requires a forward-thinker with a strong understanding of mortgage industry, solid financial modeling background, streamlining processes, improve technology functionality, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and solid people management and thought leadership.
This role has regular interaction with various business units and requires strong people skills. The successful candidate must be able to think strategically, perform dive deep analytics and communicate effectively to senior management.
The CFO will partner with the senior executive team and key business partners to develop best-in-class finance team to drive the core financial processes for the business including P&L management for overall financial, legal, administrative and technical responsibility, operating plans, capacity planning, decision support, identify/quantify financial/operational Risks and Opportunities (R&O) to the business, and drive business projects that will continue organization excellence, and to achieve overall financial success.
The CFO will drive resource allocation to be consistent with the organization’s strategic objectives by leading a team of finance professionals in the agile application of critical thinking and financial analysis skills to identify drivers of revenue, expense, and profitability, as well as in the development and evaluation of initiatives to improve efficiencies and profitability.
Serve as a solid business partner to the organization and a trusted adviser to the CEO and COO to help drive strategic planning to support operational efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Execute the financial strategy of the company
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue, reduce costs and improve efficiencies
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Support the CEO with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred)
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA)
- 10+ years experience in a senior financial managerial position (preferred)
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Dynamics SL financial reporting software
- Exceptional communication skills
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
A generous compensation package and relocation available.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.