Our client seeks an individual with accounting knowledge and professional judgment to accurately analyze and journalize accounting transactions. Understand and complete monthly accounting close responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
The Ideal candidate demonstrates independence and is responsible for managing assigned duties. Communicate with management to understand and resolve transaction variances and reconcile accounting records. Perform and understand complex balance sheet reconciliations. Complete other duties or special projects each month as assigned by management.
- Judgmentally analyze and evaluate revenue, expense, and balance sheet data and prepare appropriate journal entries to properly reflect underlying transactions.
- Verify accuracy of revenue income & expenses and allocating cost to the respectable branches.
- Work independently to prepare and record journal entries for designated branches.
- Prepare monthly G/L account reconciliation including complex balance sheet.
- Research G/L or other accounting discrepancies and interact professionally and appropriately with branch managers or other departments to facilitate timely resolution.
- Complete month-end assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform variance analysis of financial statement accounts.
- Complete additional general accounting duties or projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other closely-related field, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of accounting principles and proper application.
- Understanding of pricing model.
- Four years general accounting experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products with emphasis in Excel.
- Occasional light physical effort and frequent exposure to stress as a result of month-end reporting deadlines.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to adapt to change.
About The EMAC Group:
EMAC is an executive search firm that focuses entirely in the mortgage industry. Our clients range from regional and national banks, direct-to-agency lenders and correspondent mortgage bankers that are focused on acquiring the best talent. Our experienced mortgage recruiting team has placed thousands of industry professionals since 1995.
We realize the search for your "Ideal Jobs" requires time, our Talent Agents
help you find the best employers to achieve your career aspirations. We respect your privacy and all inquiries are strictly confidential.
Schedule a confidential Discovery Call!