Federally insured Credit Union seeks a Vice President of Mortgage Lending leads and directs all areas of real estate and consumer lending, including private student loans and loan participation. Ensures that the proper organizational controls and processes are in place to effectively grow the organization, ensure financial strength and maintain focus on the member experience.
The vice president of mortgage lending is a strategic thinker and change agent with a compelling vision of the future that inspires and engages others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, retain, develop, and direct the respective lending teams to ensure they are delivering on the credit union strategies and producing loan volume to meet and exceed budget while maintaining industry leading service levels.
- Develops short and long-term goals, initiatives and key metrics for the credit union’s real estate lending, consumer lending, lending sales and lending services functions.
- Oversees direct reports to ensure staffing levels, department audits, budgets and employee performance issues are being monitored and acted upon. Cultivates an environment of accountability and empowerment in order to meet member demands.
- Monitor mortgage and consumer loan growth, market share, metrics, loan quality, pipeline, revenue and satisfaction of member demand.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of mortgage funding, pricing and pipeline management.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of mortgage and consumer loan rates, policies, procedures, loan delivery systems, credit bureau reports, credit scoring, risk and behavior scoring, monitoring systems, and associated costs of products.
- Report on mortgage and consumer statistical information, monitor competitor and economic conditions, recommend rate adjustments and effects on the credit union mortgage and consumer loan portfolios.
- Keeps apprised of regulatory and legal changes pertaining to real estate lending and consumer lending to ensure that departmental policies and procedures comply with applicable regulations.
- Serves as a member of the credit union senior leadership team and participates in developing goals, budgets and strategic planning initiatives that contribute to the success and profitability of the organization and ensures that Scorecard goals are being met.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop effective marketing plans to achieve sales goals.
- Assumes administrative responsibility for a number of organizational components including real estate lending, consumer lending, private student loans and consumer and real estate loan participations.
- Reviews operating policies, procedures, objectives, services, and products for each area of responsibility to ensure that they comply with and support credit union policies and federal and state regulations.
- Reviews innovations in the financial industry and evaluates their practicality and effectiveness. Makes recommendations and oversees project implementation.
- Monitors the performance of direct and subordinate areas of responsibility with a focus and accountability in attaining established business objectives. Takes corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintains a wide variety of contacts inside and outside the credit union, coordinating real estate lending and consumer lending activities, promoting services, exchanging information, and representing the credit union at various functions.
- Serves as a vice-president-level real estate and consumer loan officer, approving loans in accordance with policy limits.
- Works with lending and collection managers on complex loan issues to prevent loss to the credit union and support the membership.
- Consistently ensure that departmental processes, procedures and training are efficient and positively impact the member experience. Monitor changes for process improvements and maintain integrity of appropriate policies and procedures.
- Champion efforts to identify opportunities to recognize department managers and their teams. Ensure that feedback on progress and development discussions are held no less than quarterly throughout the year.
- Ensures that formal procedures are developed and accurate for all key functions and processes with the real estate, consumer lending, lending sales and loan servicing functions.
- Manages projects and assignments as directed by the Executive Vice President/Chief Lending Officer.
The Vice President of Mortgage Lending supervises the Real Estate Lending Manager, Lending Sales Manager, Consumer Lending Manager, and Lending Services Manager positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
The position requires a 4-year college degree, preferably in business administration, finance, or a related area and 7+ years of progressive management experience in all aspects of real estate mortgage lending with a track record of demonstrated success. A high-level knowledge of all areas of lending is required. A general level of knowledge of all other functional areas of a credit union or bank is required.
MLO registration is required: An individual in this position has been determined to be a Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the S.A.F.E. Act and whose responsibilities include taking applications and discusses terms or negotiates rates on loans secured by real property.
Requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Requires the ability to write clear and concise reports, policies, and procedures. The ability to make highly effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to the executive and senior management teams and other internal and external constituencies is required. The ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints from members, regulators and others is required.
Requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical business situations. Requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts as they relate to fiscal analysis to include accounting and budgets. Requires the ability to develop and interpret financial analyses including return-on-investment, total cost of ownership, net present value, etc.
Requires the ability to identify, analyze and solve complex problems with incomplete information. Requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial and other data in a variety of forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Requires knowledge of computer software including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, database management, core processing systems, lending origination systems, collections systems and the internet.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level is usually low to moderate.
Compensation and Benefits
Andigo is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance options. A generous 401(k) and vacation plans.
Andigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.