Mortgage Project Manager Remote
The Project Manager leads efforts to identify areas for improvement, create project plans, and work with assigned projects to ensure their successful completion. Projects will vary in size from small to enterprise-wide projects. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment in strategic program management and managing work across cross-functional teams. Excellent communication skills required to negotiate internally, sometimes at a senior at senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required to guide, influence, and convince others in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works on assigned special projects that may span multiple business segments, and departments
- Establishes formal or informal business and/or project plans including objectives, activities, and deadlines within the boundaries of company policy and legal guidelines
- Carries-out the necessary activities to complete projects
- Confers with managers, associates, customers, and third parties as needed to complete projects
- Works with leadership team to define business requirements, identify resources for testing, and define project roll out strategies.
- Identifies operational areas in need of improvement
- Requisitions supplies, materials, and personnel from appropriate departments as needed
- Prepares progress reports either written or verbal as requested
- Completes monthly audit reports
- Manages vendor invoices & payment
- Provides monthly departmental reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
- No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Preferred experience in the Mortgage Industry and with Encompass software.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or university; and at least seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mortgage experience required
- 7+ years of project management experience in financial services sector
- Must have experience leading medium to large projects (start to finish)
- Ability to drive progress with limited guidance and short turnaround times
- Ability to influence broadly and challenge conventional thinking.
- Ability to multi-task, highly organized and high level of attention to detail
- Microsoft Office suite
- Special software: Project Management, Accounting and Design Software
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS