The ideal candidate will be responsible for reviewing loan approval and conditions to validate completeness and accuracy in preparation for preparation of closing documents in compliance with state and federal requirements. You will be interfacing with borrowers; settlement agents, realtors, attorney’s, and various other internal and external customers while delivering exceptional customer service and guidance as it relates to initial file setup, RESPA guidance, initial disclosures, re-disclosures and automated underwriting review for eligibility. This is a highly technical position and requires the ability to work independently and provide a keen attention to detail.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for verifying loan file set-up, verifying loan structure and qualification per automated underwriting and company guidelines
- Review escrow account to ensure escrows are being calculated and established properly
- Review and approve a HUD-1 Settlement Statement for correct fees, escrows, payees, distribution of funds and RESPA requirements
- Prepare and deliver closing documents and settlement statements to settlement agents, title companies and borrowers
- Ensure you meet daily, weekly and monthly internally specified requirements surrounding successful productivity requirements without compromising loan quality
- Work as a team with sales, processing, underwriting, funding and management to ensure the loans in your pipeline are closed with attention to detail, accuracy, and within compliance of corporate policies and RESPA
- Ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to RESPA requirements
What You Need
- Positive attitude with lots of energy
- Excellent computer skills
- Microsoft Office, Excel and Google Apps experience
- Excellent telephone, communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with a team environment and take constructive criticism, coaching and feedback on a consistent basis
- 2+ years of closing, funding or mortgage operations experience in a high energy, fast paced mortgage lender environment.
- Must have overall knowledge of how to review and evaluate FNMA, FHLMC, and government AUS findings, underwriting approvals, credit reports, income and asset documents, appraisals, title reports, payoff demands
- Working knowledge of RESPA, FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, VA program guidelines
- Working knowledge of FNMA DO/DU and FHLMC LP
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage large volume of new loan applications with strong attention to detail
Excellent Salary and bonus structure.
The EMAC Group is a Headhunting and Executive Search Firm for the mortgage industry. Our clients range from regional and national banks, direct-to-agency lenders and correspondent mortgage bankers that are focused on acquiring the best talent.
We realize the search for your Ideal Job requires time, our Talent Agents provide you with one-on-one interview preparation and coaching to help you find the best-fit employers to achieve your career aspirations.
We respect your privacy and all inquiries are strictly confidential.
The team at EMAC has helped thousands of industry professionals like you find their ideal job since 1995.
Schedule a confidential Discovery Call!