Responsible for residential mortgage sales activities and participates in related business development activities for assigned geographic area. Emphasis is in the origination of renovation mortgages and construction loans.
Must adhere to the requirements of federal registration under the SAFE Act.
- Develop a marketing strategy and set sales objectives for a sales team focused on generating renovation and construction business in assigned geographic area.
- Oversee the development of residential renovation mortgage business, the expansion of existing business relationships, and the servicing of customers and referral sources.
- Develop relationships with contractors and realtors that focus on distressed properties and larger scale home improvements.
- Recruit, coach, train, and manage team of Loan officers dedicated to renovation and construction business.
- Assist non-renovation Loan officers with generating more renovation business.
- Promote renovation to and solicit referrals from bank branches, loan officers, and other bank departments.
- Keep informed of new residential mortgage products and trends in the local real estate market in order to incorporate them into the residential mortgage sales program as pertains to Renovation initiatives and objectives.
- Act as liaison between sales force and back office teams like operations, draw administration, and risk.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Companys risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Companys Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining registration requirements under the Federal SAFE Act.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- The incumbent is responsible for calling on potential or existing customers to develop new business in addition to the enhancement of existing or retail bank business including joint sales calls with renovation loan officers.
- External contacts include realtors, builders and contractors
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining federal registration requirements outlined in the SAFE Act.
- Manage a team of renovation loan officers and some matrix management of other loan officers that are not dedicated to renovation and construction.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years mortgage experience, inclusive of 3 years supervisory/managerial experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combination of 9 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years mortgage experience, inclusive of 3 years supervisory/managerial experience.
- Proficient with personal computers, including relevant word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Knowledge of real estate and lending laws and government regulations pertaining to residential mortgages, Some travel required.
- Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
- Renovation lending experience.
- Thorough knowledge software utilized by department.
About The EMAC Group:
EMAC is an executive search firm that focuses entirely in the mortgage industry. Our clients range from regional and national banks, direct-to-agency lenders and correspondent mortgage bankers that are focused on acquiring the best talent. Our experienced mortgage recruiting team has placed thousands of industry professionals since 1995.
We realize the search for your "Ideal Jobs" requires time, our Talent Agents
help you find the best employers to achieve your career aspirations. We respect your privacy and all inquiries are strictly confidential.
Schedule a confidential Discovery Call!