The VP of Sales will develop and drive comprehensive sales strategies for the company’s independent agent channel and growing affinity sales distribution. The role will work closely with the executive team and lead the company’s internal and external sales team. This individual will demonstrate a passion for excellence combined with agility, innovation, resourcefulness, and unwavering drive and determination to achieve results.
Drives the Affinity sales channel by:
- Lead efforts with the executive team to set the strategic direction for the field sales efforts including identify new methods of distribution, develop business plan and financial support for strategies
- Monitor sales results across all product lines mapping sales trends and targeting opportunities for improvement; drive an analytical approach to selling
- Responsible for territory management, expansion and growth of new and existing products, and spread of risk administration; Recommend solutions to deficits, e.g., sales concepts, initiatives, campaigns, incentives
- Identify and solicit potential partners including, but, not limited to, insurance carriers, insurance aggregators, on-line quoting services, etc.
- Driving contract negotiations, on-boarding, training and servicing of Affinity Partners
- Develops competitive analysis tools and measures and provides continual feedback to senior management regarding any changes in market conditions.
- Collaborate with Marketing shared service team to manage online content, search engine optimization and online advertising strategy and agencies
- Collaborate with Product, Underwriting, and various field-facing groups to help deliver a unified experience to agents for their customers and to ensure strategies are coordinated amongst various business units
- Provide direction for development of sales campaigns. Oversee the development of programs, building of the tools, sales approach and key communication touch points to ensure alignment with company development priorities. Enable the coordination across all product markets.
- Direct, develop and manage staff, including providing coaching and training, setting goals, evaluating performance, planning staff assignments and sales development; make and approve people management decisions (e.g., recruitment, promotions, terminations and salary changes)
- Responsible for operational budget
- Bachelors’ degree in marketing, sales, business administration or related field
- 10 or more years’ experience in leading a sales organization
- Proven experience developing and implementing integrated marketing and communications plans
- A strong, enthusiastic, persuasive leader and team builder able to motivate individuals across the organization
- A hands-on manager who has proven success, both strategically and tactically
- Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with top level executives
- Able to think effectively at both conceptual and strategic level, highly skilled in planning and executing complex strategies
- Solid analytical skills, good judgment and a high tolerance for change
- A disciplined, well-organized, but also flexible leader who plans and manages the business for optimum long-range and short-term results and is willing to make and support challenging decisions
- An exceptionally mature, self-confident individual who will seek and accept advice and counsel and relate well at all levels and be able to effect change through taking a results-oriented approach to solving problems
- Outstanding communication, both verbal and written
- History of recruiting, retaining, training, and managing high-performing teams
- Extensive experience in sales and marketing and deep knowledge of agency operations