The Claims Specialist is responsible for processing required claims to Fannie Mae, Mortgage Insurance Companies, FHA, VA or other investors to recover advances incurred throughout the default process. The Claims Specialist will file required claims; meet investor time frames, and complete audits of claims processes for validation. Responsibilities as well will entail tracking of claim payments received for proper application, and filing of any required supplemental claims as necessary, and respond regarding any contested claim information as required.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
• Review, analyze, and ensure timely settlement of investor and mortgage insurance claims and manage aging claims to determine status and bring to closure and request extensions as needed.
• Document and maintain all systems necessary for proper claim handling and follow-up.
• Research issues and obtain proper supporting documentation in a timely manner as requested by investor or mortgage insurance company.
• Manage application of all claim funds received and provide additional information as necessary in order to validate all available funds received prior to claim being closed.
• Monitor claim process reports to ensure all required responses are timely filed.
• Complete timely audits of all assigned claims to ensure all requirements have been met, and claim process can be validated.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office a must; knowledge of YARDI, LoanSphere, VALERI, USDA LINC and Workout Prospector a plus.
• Previous work with mortgage claim filing is a requirement.