Client is a correspondent mortgage lender based in Milwaukee. The Company is in an active growth mode as they are actively expanding their presence into new markets.
The ideal candidate is responsible for evaluating all information supplied on residential loan applications. Verify, through outside sources, the validity of the information. Calculate debt-to-income and loan-to-value ratios. Assemble a completely documented file and submit it to underwriting for a decision on whether the loan application should be approved.
- Maintain updated manual of all policies and modifications to the guidelines and standards of the company, federal housing programs, investors and private mortgage insurers.
- Assist junior processors when necessary.
- Open files: order credit reports and appraisals and send out verification forms; and conduct regular follow-ups with outside sources for outstanding documents.
- Update Realtors and loan officer on file status.
- Maintain communication with applicants throughout the processing period, assisting them with any questions and notifying them of any additional information required.
- Monitor incoming mail for information verifying the data collected by loan officers; log into file and computer system; track development of information to ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines.
- Process requests for extensions to the applicants’ commitments in accordance with company policies.
- Complete final evaluation and analysis of completed application packages and prepare files for approval, specifying any applicable conditions to the approval; review the commitment and any additional required disclosures.
- Assemble and print submission documents; assemble submission files and prepare files for closing department review.
- Notify borrowers and Realtors of underwriting decision.
- Prepare, when applicable, “Decline Letters” and ensure accurate disclosure of the reason(s) for the adverse action as soon as it is determined that applicants do not qualify.
- Maintain records of all loans in process.
- Maintaining strict client and company confidentiality is a priority.
Compensation: This is an excellent opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success of this company. We offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, background and performance.
- College degree preferred but may substitute equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years mortgage processor.
- Working knowledge of FHLMC, FNMA and FHA/VA guidelines and private mortgage insurance requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and other company staff to resolve problems.
- Analytical ability, with an aptitude for figures. Typing and Computer Skills required
Benefits : Our benefits include Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, FLEX spending and 401k match.