Senior Compliance Officer needed in the North Dallas area (Plano)
The Senior Compliance candidate should have a JD however is not mandatory and/ or 5-7 years’ mortgage experience. Specific experience in servicing and closing loans (title, escrow) is important. In addition, being well versed in regulations and rulings, experience with state and investor exams, and servicing compliance are required.
Senior Compliance Officer
The Senior Compliance Officer interacts with all levels of the firm, including its senior management, to build and maintain appropriate regulatory and compliance processes and culture in a dynamic, growing mortgage originator and servicer. Senior Compliance Officer will be responsible for training, advising, implementing and auditing in a hands-on manner appropriate and pragmatic compliance procedures. Responsible for researching and reviewing forms, marketing materials, systems, disclosures, and other materials to validate information and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to HMDA, Regulation B, TRID and RESPA. Duties include compiling appropriate information for reporting purposes and providing direction to others to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Reviews forms, disclosures, and other documents to validate information and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Tracks compliance questions.
- Monitor and track any federal or state implementations and/or amendments
- Support and provide guidance to internal team members to ensure compliance
- Assists with the development of Policies, Procedures, and Company wide Training.
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
Terms of Employment:
- College degree required
- Legal education or experience preferred
- 5+ years related work experience
- Mortgage industry experience preferred
- Customer service skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office Outlook, AllRegs, and proprietary software products used in support of the business.
- Loan servicing knowledge preferred
- Must have familiarity with state, federal, and investor guidelines
All duties and responsibilities will be performed adequately, effectively, and according to the employee’s Direct Supervisor and company standards.
The Ideal applicant will have 5-7 years of current related mortgage work experience.